I recently began to include Bethel Redding in my podcast mix. I find their messages always:
- provide perspective.
- inspire me.
- hit home.
Their Senior Pastor, Bill Johnson, shares his pulpit with a variety of staff members, and all are great. This message was not by Bill, but by Kris Vallotton entitled Steps To Successful Living in the Kingdom: Part 2. From the messages I've heard Kris give over the past few months, I always find him providing insight I've never considered before. He's always biblical and I tend to share his sense of humor.
Here's his list of 13 signs you're a humble person.
- You know who you are without requiring others acknowledge it.
- You allow others to get credit that should be attributed to you.
- You take a lower seat than you deserve.
- You refuse to promote yourself.
- You allow others to share their accomplishments without sharing your especially whens yours are greater. Let someone have their day in the sun.
- You have an attitude that no task is below you.
- You are honest about your weaknesses.
- You admit your mistakes.
- You live below your means.
- You work to promote others.
- You are teachable.
- You are correctable.
- You are influenceable.
After reading these points I have to ask, would you describe yourself as someone who is humble? I publicly admit I’m going back to humility school after listening to this message.